Have a favorite fellow KnitWit in your life? Or have your well-meaning friends and family completely ignored your treasure-trove-of-gift-ideas hobby for fear they won’t get the right thing? Well, boy do I have a great list for you! You may want to bookmark this link now… Or hit a share button above or below to casually drop a mass hint. 😉
Below are 15 (15!) super useful, super fantastic, super lovely gifts at a wide range of price points that any knitter will love. Let’s get to it, shall we? In no particular order, my favorite gifts for knitters for 2015 are…
1. Amazing Seed Stitch Wrap Kit from PurlSoho: Yes, this kit is expensive. BUT, before you balk, A) it’s a one-and-done gift for that special someone that you know they’ll love, B) these fabulous yarns in scrumptious textures and beguiling (yeah, that’s right, beguiling. Who doesn’t want to be beguiling?) colors will bring them hours and hours of knitting joy, and C) these high-quality yarns, if treated nicely, will last for years and years to come! So really, you’re gifting an heirloom. There’s really nothing more special than that!
2. Knit-On-The-Go Bag from OtterburnPQ: This genius little yarn carrier is a favorite pick of mine for knitters on the go. Easily knit standing on the train to and from work!
3. Personalized Knitting Labels fromAnanemone: These adorable, customizable labels are perfect for the particularly proud knitter. Or a new knitter who might be shy about their work. Show them you appreciate everything they make, and think the world should to.
4. Nobody Puts My Knitting In A Corner Bag from Kelly Connor Designs: Hand lettering is huge right now. And who doesn’t love a cute movie reference? Give your favorite knitters a knitting bag they don’t have to stash away in a closet when people drop by.
5. Ameena Necklace Knit Kit from WATG: For the knitter who’s knit pretty much everything, this kit is perfect. You can even choose to include the needles needed in the kit! Talk about one stop shopping (or knitting). Knitters are creatives, and boy do we creatives love a fun, new challenge. This necklace knit kit combines all the aspects of some of my favorite projects: customizable (you can select your colors), different, quick, high-quality, and (ahem, most importantly), cute!
6. Rosewood Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set from Colonial: If your favorite knitter is anything like me, they stow needles e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. They end up in pen holders and purses, on counters and tables, and–I’m slightly ashamed to admit–even buried in couch cushions. Nevermore! Gift these gorgeous needles in this fun, bright needle organizer, and your knitters’ new favorite needles will always be right where they can find them.
7. Yarn Ring from ItsVera: How genius is this yarn ring? After I got engaged, I had to entirely change the way I had grown accustomed to knitting: wrapping the yarn around my left ring finger (fun fact: I’m a lefty!) to keep my stitches taught. With a sparkler on my hand, I was constantly getting tangled and pulling fibers out of my ring. Bedazzled or no, any knitter will appreciate untangling their fingers from their yarn.
8. Personalized Bamboo Knitting Needles from SmartParts: Do I even need to tell you guys about these? No, no I don’t. Because awesomeness speaks for itself. We can, however, take a minute to giggle over “Grammy’s Weapons of Choice.” I want to be friends with this Etsy seller’s g-ma!
9. Giant Pink Cord Knitting Needles from Loopy Mango: Giant knitting is all the rage these days! Just check out this post by Aussie company Top Drawer Lingerie–seriously, it’s everywhere! Besides the fabulously cozy goods these bad boys can knit up, they’re unbelievably fun. Novelty always makes for a great gift. Tip: giant yarn can be expensive, but you can get the same affect by doubling or tripling up on the number of strands you knit at a time of less expensive yarns.
10. Swift and Ball Winder Combo from WEBS: If, like me, some of your favorite yarns can only be purchased online because of where you live (hello, PurlSoho and WEBS, love you guys!) and arrive in twisted skeins, this gift will be a lifesaver. Simply pop a new skein on the swift, guide the yarn into the winder, twirl, and you’re off to the races!
11. Stitch Block Cowl Kit from PurlSoho: My obsession with PurlSoho is showing. Can you blame me? Fantastic yarns, lovely blog posts, gorgeous kits… and in person, the staff is so friendly. Which really just makes everything awesome. I’m rambling. Anyway! This scarf is gorgeous, the stitches are super fun and change before they get tedious, it comes in a slew of colors, and is totally reasonably priced for such nice yarn! Win-win-win-win-win!
12. Yarnbox Subscription: What does a knitter always want more of? Yarn, of course! Yarnbox is an awesome addition to the subscription box craze. Sign up your favorite knitter and–depending on the type of subscription you chose–they’ll receive 2 full-sized skeins of yarns, two patterns, and a slew of great content for knitters.
13. Touchdown Scarf Kit from WATG: This super cosy scarf is another great kit from WATG. Customize your colors and get your fringe on.
14. Colorful Yarn Bowl from Creativity Happens: I’m just going to come right out with it: some yarn bowls are ugly. These, are not! They’re cheerful, colorful, and oh-so-adorable. They make the perfect addition to your knitters’ favorite knitting spots! This is another Etsy seller I need to befriend: first of all, she calls this a “funfetti” yarn bowl and funfetti is awesome (and a girls’ night tradition among a few of my girlfriends). Secondly, she lives in Charleston where I am dying to go. Everyone who visits tells me how much I’d love the city. Definitely on my travel list!
15. Mother of Pearl Rosewood Knitting Needles from Colonial: Ok, so maybe this list wasn’t in no particular order. Only slightly particular. We’ll open and close with gifts I think will make awesome heirlooms. These mother of pearl headed, rosewood knitting needles will absolutely be cherished for many years to come.
Any and all of these gifts will show your favorite knitter just how much you love them, and appreciate their awesome skills! Who knows, maybe you’ll make their list next year to receive a seriously special knit.